Senior Associate, Strategy and Development, Clean Cooking Alliance
Closing: Open until Filled
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money. In alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals, CCA is working to achieve universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
The Senior Associate, Strategy and Development (Senior Associate) is responsible for supporting the portfolio of work that falls under the Strategy and Development team. S/he is an integral part of the team and supports the Senior Director, Strategy and Development and the Senior Manager, Strategy on several areas of work, including the Clean Cooking Systems Strategy (CCSS) project, CCA’s organizational strategy, donor relations, and various team operations.
The CCSS project is a unique undertaking led by CCA, working in close collaboration with external partners, to develop a strategy across the entire clean cooking system using a co-creative and design thinking approach. This position will require a diverse combination of skills and will provide the unique opportunity to play an important role in an exciting portfolio of projects.
This is a full-time position with benefits role based in Washington D.C
- Provides logistical and project management support to the Clean Cooking Systems Strategy project and any special projects the Strategy and Development team leads, including coordinating with external partners
- Suggests and executes creative ideas for successful internal and external communications related to the Clean Cooking Systems Strategy project and new business development
- Coordinates the annual organizational level work planning process
- Serves as liaison to the CCA Operations team on relevant issues including for agreements and contracts
- Maintains a strong understanding of donor compliance requirements
- Supports and coordinates donor outreach and communications, including drafting correspondence, materials, agendas, talking points, and briefings for CCA senior leadership and for CCA donor interactions
- Supports fundraising efforts for strategic initiatives and/or special projects
- Provides coordination and support functions to the Strategy and Development team as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
We seek applicants with a diverse range of skills. Ready to apply to a portfolio of dynamic and evolving projects, and ready to execute tasks independently with exceptional level of detail and professionalism. We are interested in applications who have experience in effective writing, exceptional PowerPoint skills, and experience and interest in communicating with a wide range of audiences and partners. We seek candidates who can cultivate effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and areas of expertise.
Most of all, we are seeking the following qualities which are fundamental to success, including:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 2-4 years of applicable work experience
- Demonstrated interest and experience in strategic communications
- Demonstrated familiarity with donor and partner relationships
- Exceptional operations and project coordination skills, with a preference for project management experience
- International affairs and development and/or knowledge of the international nonprofit sector is desirable
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Solutions-oriented and able to manage and advance multiple task and responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Problem-solver with a proactive, no-task-is-too-small nature who takes initiative
- Team oriented, supportive work style, and able to work independently
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information
- This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Ability to learn new systems and collaboration platforms efficiently
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), with particular emphasis on ability to create compelling and professional PowerPoint materials
- Please note this position will require a writing assessment as part of the recruitment process
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit-eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
Click here to learn more and apply.