Administration and Finance Manager, Haiti, Clean Cooking Alliance
Closing: Open until Filled
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI - FULL TIME
The Clean Cooking Alliance
The Clean Cooking Alliance (the “Alliance”) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to families around the world. Established in 2010, the Alliance supports the development, sale, distribution, and consistent use of clean cooking solutions that transform lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, and helping families save time and money. In alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals, the Alliance is working to achieve universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
The Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project
The Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project (the “Project”) will set the foundation for a long-term, sustainable transformation of the market for cleaner and more efficient cooking solutions. This is driven by a motivation to reduce negative climate, environment, economic, and health impacts from traditional cooking practices on the Haitian population, with a focus on reducing the disproportionate impacts on women and girls.
Our efforts will entail a combination of sector-wide, market development activities, including capacity-building support for government, the private sector, and other stakeholders; advocacy and technical assistance on the development of policies and regulations conducive to market development; and various other support and sector coordination. The Project will be led by the Alliance, in close collaboration with the Government of Haiti, local stakeholders, practitioners, the private sector, donors, civil society organizations, and UN agencies.
The Administration and Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day implementation of operational and financial processes governing the Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market project. He/she will establish and implement financial systems for field office and Project accounting, including procurement, payroll, transfers, compliance, and reporting to local authorities, the Clean Cooking Alliance/UN Foundation, and Global Affairs Canada. The Administration and Finance Manager supports the Country Director in Project planning and implementation and will administer and play a key role in successfully executing and maintaining effective and accountable processes and procedures. He/she will collaborate closely with the technical officers across the Project and with members of the Operations team at Alliance headquarters. Expertise includes project management, Project finance and budgeting, donor reporting requirements, compliance, administration, grants and contracts, procurement, and logistics.
- Provide oversight for all policies, procedures, activities and staff in finance, administration, security, travel, transportation, IT, communication, procurement, HR and the upkeep of office space and equipment.
- Provide the Country Director with financial and operational guidance to support the efficient and compliant implementation of Project activities. Identify problems and issues for resolution in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Clean Cooking Alliance HQ and UN Foundation staff
- Participate in development and maintenance of Project budgets, providing updates, modifications, and analysis.
- Ensure that all activities are implemented in accordance with Global Affairs Canada’s financial and contractual regulations and the Clean Cooking Alliance and UN Foundation policies and procedures.
- Assist Project teams in managing partnerships and activities and develop related tools and systems to support implementation.
- Provide training and technical assistance on financial and grants management as needed to Project staff, grantees, and other implementing partners.
- Supervise Project support and administrative staff.
- Participate fully and proactively in team meetings and other events and contribute to a positive and collaborative workplace.
- Provide operational oversight of office operations to ensure a safe, efficient, and functioning environment.
- Supervise asset management, inventory processes, and procedures.
- Oversee office procurement and maintenance of equipment in accordance with Global Affairs Canada’s regulations, contract requirements, and Clean Cooking Alliance and UN Foundation policies.
- Review and approve purchase requests and purchase orders within the established limits per Clean Cooking Alliance and UN Foundation policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is in order before they are approved.
- Ensure that timesheets for all local staff are completed and approved.
- Maintain Local Hire Employee Manual, developed for Haiti office.
- Ensure compliance with all Project legal requirements (employee taxes, local labor laws, etc.)
- Provide overall support and direction to assure that the most qualified staff are hired, and that staff are supported and properly onboarded
- Ensure that the Clean Cooking Alliance/UN Foundation adheres to relevant labor requirements and policies
- Incorporate progressive HR concepts and ensure performance assessments are conducted for every staff member and consultant, and reports filed as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Liaise with in-country accounting firm and support staff.
- Create, implement and monitor local internal controls in accordance with UN Foundation’s existing policies for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of Project financial records and reports.
- Provide expert financial and budgeting analysis (including pipeline analysis) to the Country Director, including a monthly report on actual and projected expenditures per budget line item.
- Ensure that field expenses meet with Clean Cooking Alliance/UN Foundation policy and procedures, and Global Affairs Canada’s rules and regulations as they apply to Project operations; demonstrate the ability to use sound business judgment in assuring that all costs are reasonable and necessary for the completion of the Project goals.
- Ensure that all project expenses incurred are paid for on a timely basis
- Submit monthly field accounts to HQ; and oversee the timely and accurate preparation and submission of monthly cash flow requirements, and reconciliation reports, in coordination with the Clean Cooking Alliance/UN Foundation.
- Assist in preparing for annual UN Foundation financial audit and periodic donor audits. Maintain documents and accounting records per audit and record retention requirements.
- Liaise with bank personnel and officers, track cash balances of each bank account, deposit returned funds and client payments, and track wire transfers to/from program accounts.
- Solutions-oriented when faced with problems and seek/provide clear feedback to ensure contractual compliance and fulfill technical/programmatic requirement.
- Strategic planner with ability to design and implement systems to achieve long-term vision.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement in processes, policies, and procedures.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between important and urgent tasks, and quickly prioritize in a fast-paced, fluid, start-up environment.
- Comfortable independently managing multiple long and short-term tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and confidence to request clarity when necessary.
- Team-oriented, supportive work style with willingness to work outside role when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Positive, go-getter attitude with no-task-too-small approach.
- A graduate degree or its international equivalent in finance, business administration, accounting, or a related field, or a bachelor’s degree plus five years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in managing and implanting donor funded programs of the complexity, size and scope to the Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project.
- Experience in program administration, financial oversight, financial reporting, award contractual compliance, and sub-award management.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing finance and compliance aspects of large donor funded projects. Experience with Global Affairs Canada preferred.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets and/or word processing. Packages include Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel and Word.
- Strong English and French language skills, including strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
To apply, please click here.