Officer, Private Sector and Investment, Haiti, Clean Cooking Alliance
Closing: Open until Filled
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI - FULL TIME
The Clean Cooking Alliance
The Clean Cooking Alliance works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project
The Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project (the “Project”) will set the foundation for a long-term, sustainable market transformation for cleaner and more efficient cooking solutions. Our efforts will entail a combination of sector-wide, market development activities to increase sales of cleaner and more efficient cookstoves and fuels by Haitian businesses, driving consumer demand to use cleaner, more efficient stoves and fuels; and policy and advocacy to enable the continued growth of the clean cookstoves and fuels market. The Project will be led by the Alliance, in close collaboration with the Government of Haiti, local stakeholders, practitioners, the private sector, donors, civil society organizations, and UN agencies.
The Private Sector and Investment Officer is responsible for leading the Private Sector and Investment team to lead the efforts to build a pipeline of investable companies and drive investment in the clean cooking sector in Haiti. This position requires close collaboration with the clean cooking enterprises to be supported by the Alliance through the Haiti Clean Cooking Fund, as well as investors, grant makers, service providers and other partners relevant to the clean cooking sector in Haiti. The Officer will report directly to the Deputy Country Director in Haiti, working closely with the global Private Sector and Investment team.
- Market scoping: Identify business models critical to market development, gaining clarity regarding 1) those already in existence that can be strengthened, 2) new models that need to be developed, and 3) successful business models from other sectors that can be adapted to support clean cooking market growth.
- Investment analysis: Assist with due diligence of early-stage clean cooking tech companies for potential grant investments including market research, analysis of industry trends and company analysis.
- Portfolio support: Engage with portfolio companies to get regular updates, reports, reviewing data, maintaining internal databases.
- Transaction execution: Liaise with companies, consultants and internal legal, operations and finance teams to support grant and contract execution.
- Partnership engagement: Identify and foster strategic partnerships to support market development initiatives in Haiti.
- External communication: Represent the Clean Cooking Alliance at various events in Haiti and abroad
- Perform other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in a similar position.
- A background in private equity/venture capital, entrepreneurship (e.g. as a founder/manager of an early-stage venture), or management consulting – ideally with experience in emerging markets.
- MBA with coursework in business management, finance, and marketing is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, clean cooking or energy access business models is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs and multiple stakeholders.
- Personal commitment to Clean Cooking Alliance and the UN Foundation’s vision.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative while working within a team, and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Alliance teams and UNF staff.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships across a wide range of functional expertise, organizations, and cultural backgrounds, in a demanding and fluid work environment.
- Ability to frequently travel within Haiti and internationally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, and Salesforce. Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Fluency in English and French is required; fluency in Haitian Creole is desired.
- Haitian nationals are preferred.
To apply, please click here.