Research Fellow (Part-time)
Closing: Open until Filled
The Clean Cooking Alliance works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The Research Fellow will provide support for the Clean Cooking Alliance’s Evidence and Impact portfolio. The Fellow for Research will report to the Manager, Environment and Climate. The Fellow will work as part of the Evidence and Impact team with close collaboration with all teams across the Clean Cooking Alliance.
The Evidence and Impact team works across the organization to ensure that the most up-to-date evidence is used in programming, and in support of translating evidence into policy, investment, business, and project implementation. S/he will contribute to developing the Alliance’s 2020-2025 research strategy, under the supervision of the Manager of Environment and Climate. S/he will work on conducting external consultations, reviewing sector research, including literature reviews, and synthesizing and disseminating research findings both internally and externally. The position also will require frequent phone and in-person interviews with external partners.
The Fellow for Research will have the opportunity to contribute to an exciting time of strategic planning at the Clean Cooking Alliance. S/he will also work very collaboratively with other teams contributing to the research strategy development.
Primary Responsibilities: Research Strategy Development Support
- Support the Manager of Environment and Climate in developing an internal research strategy;
- Maintain an external consultation database;
- Support external consultations by scheduling calls, taking notes during consultations, conducting consultations, and conducting any necessary follow-up;
- Synthesize consultations into a 3-5 page report; and
- Develop/identify and implement an analysis plan for the consultation data.
Secondary Responsibilities: Research Communication Support
- Track and synthesize relevant research using online databases and through reaching out to sector researchers;
- Disseminate (internally) research to subject-matter experts;
- Occasionally author blog posts, social media posts, and articles; and
- Attend conferences and other external events and disseminate learning materials among staff.
- 0-2 years of work experience;
- Current or recent graduate of a Masters degree program, preference towards those currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a degree program in Econometrics, International Development, Economics, Political Science, Environmental Science, Public Policy, or a related discipline;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly organized;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize large amounts of technical information and communicate it clearly to a lay audience;
- A love for and ability to efficiently read and synthesize journal articles;
- Experience in conducting and disseminating research;
- Experience conducting interviews;
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills;
- Experience doing data analysis;
- Work experience relating to international development, research, communications, market-based solutions, or household energy is preferred;
- Flexibility, openness to new challenges, and the ability to thrive as a part of a highly-functioning, fast-paced group of professionals and to prioritize competing demands;
- Self-starter with the desire for continuous learning and ability to respond positively to constructive feedback;
- Ability to work with various teams;
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress;
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy; and
- Personal commitment to the mission of the Clean Cooking Alliance and the United Nations Foundation.
For more information and to apply online, click here.