Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning
Closing: Open until Filled
The Associate for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning will provide support for the Clean Cooking Alliance’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning portfolio. The Associate for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning will report to the Manager, Monitoring, Impact, and Learning. The Associate will work as part of the Evidence and Impact team with close collaboration with all teams across the Clean Cooking Alliance.
This portfolio involves working across the organization to ensure rigorous measurements are used in programming, and are used in a feedback loop to improve program decisions. S/he will contribute to building monitoring and evaluation systems within the Clean Cooking Alliance, under the supervision of the Manager for Monitoring, Impact, and Learning. S/he will work on executing planned monitoring and evaluation systems for various programs through survey development and management, as well as working with collected data. The position also will require desk research on the clean cooking sector.
The Associate for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will have the opportunity to contribute to an exciting time at the Clean Cooking Alliance when the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework is under development and new systems are being built. S/he will also work very collaboratively with other teams on using the Framework and developing a culture of learning.
- Cleaning and analyzing data, including technical calculations of clean cooking co-benefits.
- Developing, managing, and reviewing surveys.
- Supporting data collection processes including enumerator training and enumeration.
- Conducting desk research on sector monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Monitoring published research on stove adoption and drafting communications on select research.
- Assisting Alliance staff with designing and using monitoring and evaluation in programs across the organization.
- Supporting on grant and contract management.
- Supporting on proposal writing and report writing.
- Two years or more of experience working on monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and experience with data cleaning.
- Demonstrated data management skills.
- Strong skills with Excel and statistical software such as Stata are required.
- Work experience relating to international development, impact investment, market-based solutions, or household energy is preferred.
- Willingness to travel, including internationally.
- Flexibility, openness to new challenges, and the ability to thrive as part of a highly functioning, fast-paced group of professionals and to prioritize competing demands.
- Self-starter with the desire for continuous learning and the ability to synthesize information and respond positively to constructive feedback.
- Ability to work with various teams.
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Personal commitment to the Clean Cooking Alliance and United Nations Foundations missions.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
To learn more or to apply, please click here.