Closing: Open until Filled
The Clean Cooking Alliance works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
A part-time, hourly communications consultant (up to 40 hours per week through year-end) is sought to support the Alliance’s Senior Director of Evidence and Impact in creating compelling stories from a Nepal Health Demonstration Project that is coming to a close. S/he will have a central role in helping to create a communications strategy to effectively package and distribute results from the Alliance’s activities in Nepal to a broad range of audiences. S/he will take the lead on content creation and storytelling; incorporating success stories, reports, and other communication tools into appropriate and effective digital content; and dissemination strategies. This will include, but may not be limited to, feature stories, blogs, briefs, photo essays, and social media messages.
The Communications Consultant will report to the Senior Director of Evidence and Impact, while also working closely with the Alliance Communications and Partnership Team and Nepal Country Manager.
Work will commence immediately and last through December 2019. Work may continue past this time, depending on performance including quality of work, need, and funding availability.
Washington, DC or Kathmandu, Nepal. Remote location is also an option.
If HQ- or remote-based, it is estimated that this person will need to take 2-3 trips to Nepal over the course of the engagement. This is an estimation, and travel will be based on the needs of the project.
- Work with the Senior Director of Evidence and Impact and the Communications and Partnerships Team to create a communications strategy to effectively package and distribute results from the Alliance’s activities in Nepal, including identifying the best formats and channels for dissemination.
- Take the lead on content creation and storytelling, incorporating success stories, reports, knowledge, and other communications tools into appropriate and effective digital and other content, including feature stories, blogs, briefs, photo essays, and social media messages.
- Contact and interview relevant in-country stakeholders and other partners to obtain information and quotes. These interviews will ideally occur in the field.
The expected deliverables for this project will include, but are not limited to, a written report for a lay audience that includes the most compelling results from the demonstration project, an executive summary of the work, two to three articles posted on the Alliance website, and compelling graphs and (if appropriate) infographics. Deliverables will be due over the course of the project.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on multifaceted communications programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies and respond to a large and diverse partner base.
- Experience traveling and conducting interviews in developing countries; experience in journalism is desirable.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to travel to Nepal.
- Ability to contextualize Nepalese culture and values.
- Exceptional writing, conceptual, and analytical skills.
- A high level of experience with and ability to translate technical research for general audiences and comfort applying a creative lens to generate compelling written content.
- An exposure to development issues is preferred.
- Previous experience collaborating with designers and other multimedia experts is desirable.
- Photography experience highly desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities efficiently and effectively.
- High-level of creativity.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and mindful of deadlines.
- Experience working in Nepal and the region highly desirable.
- Sense of humor, creative energy, proactive, and a great team player.
- Familiarity with the clean cooking sector or household energy a plus.
In addition to a CV and references, each applicant must submit three to five writing samples, one of which should be focused on translating technical research to general audiences.
Please submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading ‘Communications Consultant Application’