Chief Innovation Officer - BURN
Closing: Open until Filled
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 400,000 cookstoves in East Africa, which have helped 2,000,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN intends to double sales by the end of 2018.
BURN has moved its new product development team from the US to Kenya and is looking for a Chief Innovation Officer to develop and guide new products through the process.
- Work across the company to conceive, test and validate new products and services.
- Drive new products into the market, including developing go-to-market plans, marketing/brand collateral, and early stage execution.
- Manage the new product development pipeline, including new products and improvements of existing products, from discovery of new concepts until it’s handed off to the mechanical engineering team at the detailed design phase.
- Team management across design, engineer, market research, testing, and business intelligence
- Develop and refine customer needs and product parameters.
- Manage and refine the phase-gate development process, including working across other departments.
- Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy.
- Manage project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management.
- Has developed products which have been launched
- Business case analysis
- Has launched consumer-facing products
- Familiarity with production processes is a plus
- Experience in East Africa is a plus
Click here to apply.