Kenya Commercial Director - BURN
Closing: Open until Filled
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold over 500,000 high-quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. We are seeking a Sales Analyst to build the capacity of our Sales Team. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales team and will work closely with the VP Sales. The fellow will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways:
- Sales Strategy: Develop and implement BURN’s growth strategy for Kenya Wholesale Sales. Major goal is to grow Kenya Sales to penetrate the early mass market at >30% market penetration. Design and execute new product launch strategies for the Kenya market as well as strategy for new channel development.
- Wholesale Sales: Overall (Unit volume, Revenue, ASP, Margin) responsibility for BURN’s Kenya Sales across B2B wholesale channels: Retail, Financial Institutions, and Distributors with Agent Networks. Introduce new products to the Kenya market.
- Business Development & New Channel Development: Work on New Business Development with Kenya Key Accounts; both taking the lead and alongside channel Sales Executives. Oversee Route-To-Market, strategy, budget, staffing of new channel development in B2C channels.
- Budget: Prepare, maintain, and adhere to Kenya Sales Department budget.
- Team Management: Manage Kenya Sales team including Channel Sales Executives, Activators and Activator Managers, Business Analyst, Sales Fellows, and other Kenya Sales Staff as the team grows. Oversee Kenya Sales Executive’s Key Account Quarterly Sales Plans.
- End-Consumer Customer Service: Oversee End-Consumer customer service in Kenya. Analyze end-consumer data to improve brand, customer service, warranty repair satisfaction, and sales opportunities.
- Systems/Process/Training: Help improve systems and processes for Kenya Sales Team (CRM, Sales Dashboard, New Business Development, and Sales/Channels Analysis). Oversee curriculum development and training of Kenya Sales Staff.
- Reporting/Forecasting: Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts for Kenya. Produce monthly sales reports and other market based reports as needed.
- Marketing Strategy Development: In conjunction with BURN’s Sales Executives and Marketing team, devise marketing strategies that support BURN’s sales goals for customers in our target sales channels.
- Marketing Campaigns Insights & Execution: Along with the Marketing Department, help drive key marketing insights and campaigns for Kenya ATL * BTL marketing. Work with Marketing Department and Kenya Sales Staff to ensure best execution of Kenya BTL Marketing campaigns, track BTL campaigns ROI to sales growth.
- Budget & Performance Tracking: Working in conjunction with the Marketing team, help establish and manage marketing budgets for Kenya campaigns and track ROI of campaigns to maximize Kenya Sales.
- Customer Data Analysis: Along with Marketing team and After Sales Department track & analyze pre and post consumer feedback; marketing surveys, customer satisfaction, campaign messaging and effectiveness.
Requirements- (E – essential, D – desirable)
- 8 Years Sales & Marketing Experience in Kenya (E)
- 3+ years Sales and/or Marketing Mid to Senior level Management Experience (E)
- B2B Sales and wholesale channel management experience (E)
- 5 Years experience in New Business Development of Key Accounts (E)
- Ability to produce and present professional Strategy, reports, accurate forecasts, and oversee channel sales plans (E).
- Experience with sales / marketing of physical products (D) Durable Goods is a plus (D)
- 3+ years experience successfully developing new sales channel (D)
- Sales/Marketing Data Analysis experience (D)
- Bachelor’s Degree from University, ideally in Business (E). Master’s Degree is a plus (D)
To Apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, including your salary expectations.