Market Research & Business Intelligence Manager - BURN
Closing: Open until Filled
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold over 500,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa.
We are seeking a Manager for Market Research and Business Intelligence who can help grow and adapt our Market Research team and build up a Business Intelligence unit to drive analytical decision-making across the company. You will work with the leadership of the Sales, Marketing, R&D, After Sales, and Expansion teams to develop and execute market research and data analysis plans. You will lead the Market Research and Business Intelligence teams, ensuring efficient and appropriately prioritized project execution considering the needs of all departments. You will also take responsibility for conducting some more intricate research personally, and for producing or editing all reporting.
- Manage the Market Research department: Continuously build market research team, including professional development. Drive improvements in market research, including methodologies, rigor, analysis, etc.
- Marketing, customer, and product market research: schedule and direct market research, including developing methodologies, analysis, reporting, longitudinal studies, and field work
- Business Intelligence: research and analyze market data (including socioeconomic, sales, competitor, and other data) for Sales, Marketing, and Expansion to inform commercial decision making
- Sales Data: Analyze & present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales performance data.
- Processes & Systems: Develop, along with CCO, processes & systems to improve efficiencies in the commercial departments
- Sales Tools & Platform Build Out: Build and manage sales systems and tools, e.g. Business Intelligence platform, CRM including full integration with BURN’s other internal systems e.g. ERP.
- Manage and report sales data (forecasts, sales pipe-line, sell through rates, channel growth, conversion rates, wallet share, % of plan achieved, channel partners data-base, channel profitability, market share etc.) Vs budget and conduct analysis to drive improvements in sales strategy and Route-To-Market.
- Professional Development: Work with commercial staff on professional development and capacity building. Such as trainings on: forecasting, strategic plans and sales systems
- Data analysis ability & solid understanding of commercial business.
- Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans.
- Process oriented; experience implementing processes and systems.
- Prior management experience
- High level of comfort supporting a team of outside Sales Executives & B2B clients.
- A degree or education in statistics, economics, engineering, or equivalent
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Power Point, and CRM)
- Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience
- Prior experience with the following research methodologies and study types: positioning, post-release/mortem, pilot, brand, copy/ad, and tracking. Exposure to price testing, market-sizing, segmentation, and qualitative methodologies is a plus.
Click here to apply. Note that International Travel, accommodation, and stipend are provided.