Haiti Project Coordinator
Closing: Open until Filled
The Clean Cooking Alliance (the “Alliance”) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to families around the world. Established in 2010, the Alliance supports the development, sale, distribution, and consistent use of clean cooking solutions that transform lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, and helping families save time and money. In alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals, the Alliance is working to achieve universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
The Alliance’s foundation-building Haiti Cookstoves and Clean Energy Market Project aims to reduce negative climate, environment, economic, and health impacts from traditional cooking practices on the Haitian population, with a focus on reducing the disproportionate impacts on women and girls. The Project aims to set the foundation for a long-term, sustainable transformation of the market that will strengthen and diversify the supply of cleaner and more efficient cookstoves and fuels.
Our efforts will entail a combination of sector-wide, market development activities, including capacity-building support for government, stakeholders, and clean cooking enterprises; advocacy and technical assistance to develop better policies and regulations; and support for sector coordination. The Project will also advocate for the inclusion of women and girls not only in the design of policies but also across the clean cooking sector, to overcome historical exclusion and increase women’s economic and social empowerment. The Project will be led by the Alliance, in close collaboration with the Government of Haiti, local stakeholders, practitioners, the private sector, donors, civil society organizations, and UN agencies.
The Haiti Project Coordinator, Clean Cooking Alliance, will directly support the Haiti Project by coordinating the timely implementation of the Project at the HQ level. This includes coordinating annual work plan and budget development, assisting with the development of Requests for Proposals, shepherding contracts, monitoring budgets, grant reporting, and overseeing the logistics of the Haiti Project. S/he will also work closely with the Private Sector & Investment, Gender, Demand & Policy, Evidence & Impact, and Communications & Partnerships teams on issues related to project coordination, market development, market enablement, communications, and partner and donor engagement.
The Haiti Project Coordinator will work closely with Alliance staff members from each programmatic area and will report directly to the Haiti Project Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Project Coordination (80%)
- Support the timely coordination of the activities being undertaken by the Alliance team members in Washington, D.C. and monitor adherence to all grant timelines and budgets
- Support the development, design, and budgeting process on an on-going basis, including for annual work plans
- Convene regular internal coordination meetings/calls to monitor progress against the work plan
- Provide support in managing reporting deadlines and deliverables
- Support the development and application of standard operating procedures to adhere to donor rules and regulations
- Assist with the development of Requests for Proposals, Terms of Reference, and contracts for additional consultants for implementation of Project activities, research studies, and other projects as needed
- In collaboration with the Haiti Project Manager, develop compliance-related policies, templates, and procedures for the Project
- Provide compliance oversight and serve as a point of contact for compliance-related questions from the Project team
- Maintain extensive files and documentation that show full compliance of Project activities with both donor and internal UNF regulations
- Provide hands-on support and technical assistance in monitoring Project activities and recommend actions necessary to resolve compliance concerns
- Collaborate with the Communications & Partnerships team on the preparation and/or dissemination of communications pieces
- Manage logistics of Alliance staff visits to Haiti, including but not limited to scheduling, transportation, visas, meals, lodging, and translation
- Perform other duties and/or tasks as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in international development, public health, business administration, environment, or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in international development, internationally-focused consulting or project management, or a related field required
- Previous project coordination, management and/or compliance experience is required
- Previous experience researching or working in Haiti desired
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle stress
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- Personal commitment to Clean Cooking Alliance and UNF’s vision and the ability to articulate those to others in a convincing manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with French and/or Haitian Creole is a plus
- Familiarity with the clean cooking sector or household energy is a plus
To learn more about this position and/or to apply, click here.