Senior Associate, Communications
Closing: Open until Filled
The Clean Cooking Alliance works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment to allow the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and the environment, empowering women, and helping families save time and money.
The Senior Associate, Communications, will support the Alliance’s global communications and advocacy efforts, while leading digital outreach, including social media and web. S/he will help develop and implement a global campaign to drive increased awareness, engagement, and support for increasing access to clean cooking. S/he will also help develop and implement an overall digital media strategy, as well as discrete campaigns both globally and in-country
S/he will have a central role in supporting planning for global events, operations activities, and fundraising. Other responsibilities include managing production and distribution of the Alliance newsletter; working with Alliance staff to develop accessible, compelling content to further Alliance goals; managing the calendar and other key aspects of internal team communications; and supporting the management of relationships with web, design, and other communications partners in the clean cooking sector. In addition, s/he will help to identify and engage with Alliance ambassadors and support the management of these relationships to advance awareness of, and support for, clean cooking.
The Senior Associate, Communications, will report to the Communications Manager and the Senior Director of Global Partnerships and Communications, while also working closely with Alliance global staff, with potential oversight of a Communications Associate and intern(s).
- Help develop and lead the implementation of a global, digital engagement campaign to drive increased awareness, engagement, and support for increasing access to clean cooking.
- Support content creation and storytelling for the Alliance, incorporating success stories, reports, knowledge, and other communications tools into appropriate and effective digital and other content
- Oversee all aspects of Alliance digital channels, keeping them current and relevant while providing monthly reporting and recommendations on improving reach and impact
- Support communications and collateral development for internal and external events, operational activities, and fundraising activities
- Oversee timely development and production of Alliance newsletter while implementing ways to increase readership and email open rates
- Maintain the Alliance communications calendar and manage relationships and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders in the clean cooking sector
- Monitor, analyze, and report on web, social media, and email KPIs and make recommendations to enhance traffic and supporter participation
- Work with the UNF Public Affairs team and program staff to ensure content sharing and synergy across Foundation digital platforms, including updates on UNF digital properties
- Keep up-to-date on digital media and web industry standards and trends
- Other projects and duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working on multifaceted communications programs
- Experience managing, maintaining, and maximizing impacts of website and institutional social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies and respond to a large and diverse partner base
- Excellent writing, conceptual, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities efficiently and effectively
- Proficiency in CRM/CMS, EveryAction, InDesign, Photoshop, and WordPress preferable
- Experience organizing and managing internal and external events, and the ability to think quickly and creatively to solve logistical challenges related to event planning
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and mindful of deadlines
- Strong skills working in teams; problem solver and relationship-builder
- Skills in graphic design, video production, or photography desirable
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy and work under pressure
- Sense of humor, creative energy, proactive, and a great team player.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.
To apply, click here to visit the careers page