Investment and Data Internship
Closing: Open until Filled
The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women's empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The Clean Cooking Alliance works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
The Intern will report to the Manager/Senior Director of the Private Sector & Investment Team at Clean Cooking Alliance. They are expected to work closely with the Clean Cooking Alliance located in Washington DC as well as outside of the USA.
The Clean Cooking Alliance seeks a summer intern in their Private Sector and Investment Team to support their efforts to build a pipeline of investable companies and drive investment in the clean cooking sector.
- Investment analysis: Assist with due diligence of early-stage clean cooking tech companies for potential grant investments including market research, analysis of industry trends and company analysis.
- Portfolio support: Engage with existing portfolio companies to get regular updates, reports, reviewing data, maintaining internal databases.
- Transaction execution: Liaise with companies, consultants and internal legal, operations and finance teams to support grant and contract execution.
- New fund initiative: Create/update company level financial models, operational forecasts, presentation materials for a potential new debt and equity impact fund.
- Data: Review and design a new data collection, analysis and presentation process for investment and financial performance focused sector reports.
- Other: Provide support to other members of the team as needed.
- Graduate student or current Junior or Senior with a focus in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work efficiently and independently.
- Efficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred, including the ability to construct formulas, pivot tables, and macros
- Candidates should be able to commit to a minimum of 20 work hours per week.
- Candidate should be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative to learn new things.
To apply, click here