Manager, Operations & Market Engagement, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
The Manager, Operations & Market Engagement, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves oversees contract and grant execution for the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves team in collaboration with relevant UNF teams, and provides general operations support for the Alliance team. The Manager also liaises closely with the Alliance Market Managers to support their work in-country. The Manager is responsible for helping develop, implement, and monitor processes that ensure organizational effectiveness in support of the Alliance’s mission.
Click here to apply.
Grant and Contract Management
- Oversee Alliance portfolio of grants and contracts.
- Manage the Alliance’s budget management tool, and analyze funding and expenses in collaboration with Budget Manager.
- Serve as one of the primary liaisons with relevant UNF teams on matters relating to Alliance finance, contracts and operations.
- In collaboration with Alliance Partnerships team and relevant UNF teams, interface with partner and donor organizations on agreement development and execution, invoicing and payments, and financial reporting.
- Ensure close communication with Alliance teams to maintain timely, rigorous, and accurate administration and execution of grants, contracts, payments, and in-country Alliance Market Manager expenses.
- Develop, refine, and implement the operational systems, processes and policies in support of in-country Alliance Market Managers – specifically, Market Manager contracts, budgeting, and information flow.
- Ensure strong coordination between Alliance Market Managers and Alliance HQ staff.
- Support Alliance Market Managers to ensure they have the tools, resources, and information they need to operate effectively in-country.
- Support Alliance Market Managers in their work to facilitate the growth and evolution of national clean cooking alliances.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services including oversight of event logistics.
- Contribute to development of Leadership Council meeting materials.
- Provide oversight on payment and expense reimbursements, travel authorizations, and other day-to-day processing activities.
- Other projects as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in related field required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM platforms strongly recommended.
- 1 to 2 years of accounting, financial management, and/or grants management experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices strongly recommended.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership supervising staff and excellent people manager.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities, and delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- Dental insurance
- Vision discounts
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- Group term and supplemental life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Health club discounts
- Commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.