The Ashden Awards boost outstanding climate solutions. For more than 20 years our awards have backed radical ideas delivering lower emissions and a fairer world, with grants and development support on offer to winners and finalists.
Now, in a pivotal year for the future of our planet, we want to hear about your bold and brilliant work. Entry to the awards is free, and applications close on Wednesday 3 March. Winners receive a prize of up to £20,000 and a package of support.
This year’s award categories include greener communities, energy access, green skills, natural climate solutions, sustainable cooling and more. Some categories focus on the UK, and others cover work in low- and middle-income countries. Businesses, public bodies and charities can all apply.
Winning an Ashden Award brings a prize of up to £20,000 as well as ongoing development support, from professional mentoring to pro-bono legal help.
The 2021 Ashden Award categories:
- Climate innovation in the UK, supported by Impax
- Green skills (UK), supported by Garfield Weston
- Greener communities (UK), supported by Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
- Natural climate solutions
- Cooling in informal settlements, supported by K–CEP/ClimateWorks Foundation
- Energy access innovation
- Humanitarian energy, supported by Linbury Trust and the Alan and Babette Sainsbury Charitable Fund
Click here for more information and to apply.