15th Session of the UN Forum on Forests
Country: United States
The fifteenth session of the UN Forum on Forests (UNFF 15) will be held from 4-8 May 2020, at UNHQ, New York. For more information, including links to documents, click here.
Provisional agenda for the fifteenth session of the United Nations Forum on Forests
- Election of officers.
- Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters.
- Implementation of the United Nations strategic plan for forests 2017–2030:
- Policy dialogue on the thematic and operational priorities, priority actions and resource needs for the period 2019–2020, taking into account the review cycle of the high-level political forum on sustainable development during the biennium and the theme of the International Day of Forests;
- Voluntary announcement of voluntary national contributions;
- United Nations system-wide contributions to the implementation of the global forest goals and targets
- Monitoring, assessment and reporting: progress on the implementation of the strategic plan, including the United Nations forest instrument and voluntary national contributions.
- Means of implementation: availability of resources for the Global Forest Financing Facilitation Network and its priority actions and resource needs for the quadrennial programme of work for the period 2021–2024.
- Emerging issues and challenges.
- Trust fund for the United Nations Forum on Forests.
- High-level segment, including a forest partnership forum with the Collaborative Partnership on Forests, non-governmental organizations and private sector chief executive officers
- Adoption of the quadrennial programme of work for the period 2021–2024, including consideration of its priority actions and resource needs.
- Information on the reform of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs pertaining to the Forum.
- Dates and venue of the sixteenth session of the Forum.
- Provisional agenda for the sixteenth session of the Forum. 13. Adoption of the report of the Forum on its fifteenth session